Friday 30 May 2014

Scars of Time


Time changes a lot many things in people. Time heals, time wounds, time withers, time replenishes. That's what time does- Change. It changed who I was and it is changing who I am. Be it the kind of person I am to the kind of moods I have. Time decides it all. I have changed with time inside and outside. The length of my hair has grown longer and I've grown quieter. 


With time even my weight fluctuates, with time my mental maturity fluctuates, in some situations I act as someone very mature, in others I'd act like the epitome of naivety. Time has thoroughly changed me and my perspective of life. Time has made me fathom the smiles of those elder to me when I used to tell them about my skeptic or angry or shallow or constrained view on something. Be it emotions, mush, people, actions, or my own self; I've grown, time has nurtured me and here I write about emotions which is something  that I'd kept myself limited on, meaning I restricted myself to a couple of emotions and let others lay as seeds on fallow land. Here I am, after the winds of time blew those seeds from barren to fertile lands and where they now stand as sprouts, as plants, as handsome adolescent trees, or as composed adult trunks... Here's to the greenery in my own garden of time.



Time heals wounds, it repairs what it broke, but as Rose Kennedy put it beautifully, – “It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.” As humans, we do dwell upon those wounds and as time passes, there’re just scars reminding you of what went wrong. As kids when we got hurt, we would cry and moan with that pain and the pain when mum would put an antiseptic. If you look at it, doesn’t it seem similar as we grow up? Somebody hurts you, you get a wounded heart and soul; somebody helps you through the pain, there’s your antiseptic. But many of us have scars of those times when as a child we ran and fell.

This is how time works, it hurts you, it wounds you terribly, you cry out of pain and time leaves behind a scar as maybe a token of the pain you went through or as a reminder of the mistakes you made.

What time does is actually make you evolve as a human being. This is how life remains, gains momentum and grows again, between ferns & mosses or between gardens of lilies. Don’t hide those scars, each scar comes with its own lesson, embrace them and remember- What doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger. 

-          Preetika Dubey (Ruya- pen name)
-         


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful and thoughtful post Ruya! :)
    Although I was inclined to disagree and say that it DOES heal wounds, I was swayed by your words and am considering the other point of view.

    Glad to see your post here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Just beautiful! :)

    Congratulations for your first post in here. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful dea :) n congrats to u

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your views.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...